Mario Bobotsov was born on 14th February, 2002 in Sofia, Bulgaria. He has graduated from the National School of Music in Sofia, Bulgaria where he started his piano education at the age of six in the class of Milka Miteva.
Mario Bobotsov was admitted to continue his bachelor’s degree in piano at the Royal Conservatory in Birmingham, UK with a full scholarship for the entire academic period in the class of Prof. Pascal Nemirovski. He was also awarded with a scholarship for a bachelor’s degree by Manes School, New York, USA.
Mario Bobotsov is an 8-time winner of the Lydia Kuteva Memorial Scholarship, established by Prof. Pavlina Dokovska, USA and administered by the International Foundation “St. St. Cyril and Methodius”.
He is a laureate of the Yordan Kamdzhalov Foundation for 2020.
In 2020 he won a full scholarship from the American Foundation for Bulgaria in the name of Prof. Pavlina Dokovska and from the International Keyboard Institute and Festival Manhattan, New York.
Mario Bobotsov is a winner of many National and International Piano Competitions:
- Special 1st Prize at the 29th FLAME Competition 2018, Paris, France
- 1st Prize and “Premio Virtuoso” at the Second International Competition “Sante Centurione“ 2018, Chieti, Italy
- 3rd at the 48th International Competition “VIRTUOSI PER MUSICA DI PIANOFORTE“ 2015, Usti nad Labem, Czech Republic
- 3rd at the 5th National Piano Competition “Mila Mihaylova” 2016, Varna, Bulgaria
- 3rd at the 20th International Competition “Hopes, talents, masters” 2016, Dobrich, Bulgaria
- 3rd Prize at International Competition “New Pianists” 2014, Sofia, Bulgaria
- 1st Prize at International Competition “Young Pianists” 2012, Vranja, Serbia
- 1st Prize at International Competition “Young pianists from Europe” 2012, Gevgelija, Macedonia
Mario Bobotsov has completed master classes in piano with Prof. Milena Mollova (Bulgaria), Prof. Katarzyna Popowa-Zydron (Poland), Prof. Victor Chuchkov (Bulgaria), Prof. Pavlina Dokovska (USA), Prof. Bozhidar Noev (Austria), Prof. Adrian Oetiker (Germany) and Prof. Massimo Gon (Italy).